How to Change Donor Information on a Contribution after It Has Been Made
Find out how to update donor information on a contribution after the transaction has already been made.
On some occasions, you may find that a donor requests to have their information changed after they’ve already contributed to your fundraiser. For instance, your donor may have made a typo or entered the wrong mailing address. We’ve made it easy for you, the experience organizer, to edit the following fields after a transaction has been made:
- Who receives credit for the donation
- Per-unit pledge and the maximum amount (for A-thon experiences)
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Responses in custom fields
- Donation honoree (used if the donor would like their name to show differently, or not at all, on the experience page)
Alter a previous transaction
- Click on Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experienceimage.
- Click View Transactions*.
- Hover your mouse over the donation you wish to edit.
- Click on the 3-dot icon at the right of the line.
- Click Edit donation*.
- Click SAVE.
Change the donor's name
To change the donor's name, click transaction honor, and enter the name that the donor would like to appear.
Good To Know
- All information collected from the donor can be edited here. This information will vary depending on the experience type and information collected in the experience.
- Donors can also edit this information from their accounts.
Edit or Manage Your Donation after the Transaction is Made
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your experience.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket